Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two nights in Bangkok....

Hopping on a bus ride across the "Poipet" border, Stacey and I encountered our first surprise of the day.  A rude foreigner yelling at a Cambodian worker on our bus.  Why foreigners go to other countries drink all night and then act entitled without concern for anybody else, I will never understand.  So it wasn't the best way to start off the day, but we were off to Bangkok,Thailand for a night and then to Laos.  Our second surprise of the day was the three hour wait in hot muggy sun trying to cross into Thailand.  I had heard that the border crossing was horrible, but I just dismissed it, not believing that it was true.  Turns out it was the worst border crossing I have ever done!  So inefficient, especially for being the most used border crossing from Cambodia to Thailand.
Three hours later we crossed the border and boarded some air-com vans to take us at a very high speed into Bangkok.

We made it though, thank goodness.  Bangkok is a huge city and quite overwhelming if one is not familiar with it.  Stacey ended up getting sick and hunkering into our dorm beds for the day and I decided to do some exploring of the city.  I walked to the reclining Buddha, Royal Palace and another Wat.   I got to eat Pad Thai at the best eatery in town, although it was no competition got Josh's Pad Thai!  

First Wat I visited



City street of Bangkok

Famous Reclining Buddha





No comments:

Post a Comment